Tuesday, September 15, 2009

They're BA-ACK!

I am so behind on the blog that I don't really know where to begin. So I'll start with something easy (ie: doesn't involving hooking up the camera)...Butterflies. Butterfly #2 got off without a hitch as far as we can tell. We've been basically ignoring the remains of the butterfly garden, but yesterday I happened to get up close to the parsley and I found MORE caterpillars. Hmm. I'm getting why farmers consider these guys less of a cool science experiment and more of a catastrophic agricultural pest. Well we don't have cash crops to worry about, so we're still pretty amazed by the coolness of this process. Jackson is still disappointed that the Monarchs passed up his sweet garden. We'll plant some milkweed next year.

The kids are good. I have a gazillion pictures to get loaded, stories too. It seems like everything that comes out of their mouths is worthy of publishing on the blog--we're not sure where they come up with some of it.

We are getting ready for our big trip to LA/San Diego. We leave Friday and are excited to be taking J & A's cousin, Ainsley with us. The kids haven't seen their Uncle John in a long time, so it will be fun to spend time with him. John, remember how you are going to babysit while David and I go out?!

So that's all for now. Pictures soon, I promise.

No comments: