Thursday, May 7, 2009

Stop and Smell the Ro...Peonies!



I should be folding laundry, packing for our trip (we leave tomorrow morning), working on my 8 pointed star (not going so hot, d*#@ dog ears), cleaning out the fridge (I found something in there from Easter),..you get the picture.

Today I dropped Jack off at school, arms filled with Teacher gifts (check out my sewing blog to see what I made), and a giant breakfast casserole for the teachers--all of which kept me busy much of yesterday. I've shared some of my beautiful Peonies this week, but today I cut some just for me. My off duty whiskey glass makes a perfect vase, don't you think? Sharing them with Addie (she helped pick the ones to cut) today was just what I needed.

3 comments:

Team Clechenko said...

Oh do I love the peonies!! I wish they'd grow here. We had so many back in Wisconsin.

I can't believe how big the kids are getting. Addie is really looking grown up!

Rebecca said...

gorgeous peonies...they might be my favorite flowers after roses. but i CANNOT get mine to grow. i've had the same stunted peonie plant in my yard for 3 years and NOT ONE FLOWER. what am i doing wrong??? i want some--they smell so good!

sarahross said...

Are they in a sunny spot? If not, you can dig them up and move them to a sunnier place. Also, I grow mine in well drained soil I've mixed with homemade compost--ie, veggie scraps, egg shells, etc. That's my two-cents.