Monday, February 11, 2008

The Weekend Turns Ugly

We had a busy weekend. I attended the OK District LWML board meeting in Okarche on Saturday morning. The kids had the opportunity to spend Saturday playing with Dad! I enjoyed the alone time that my drive provided--no OSU songs, Danger Zone, or I'm Walking (Jack's usual favorites). I listened to both of my Amos Lee CDs and then couldn't help but put Clay Davidson on once I got off the highway and hit the farm land surrounding Okarche. It really is pretty out there. I met my friend Kelly for dinner in OKC after the meeting, and we had a nice visit. Kelly, Dawn, Liz, and I met at IUGFS eight years ago--and we still love getting together whenever we can.("The Girls" at Glacier National Park 2000)

Jackson came down with some stomach bug Sunday night. As David was helping Jack lean over the toilet, Jack's tiny little voice mumbled: "I'm not living anymore!" Poor guy. He felt better this morning, but obviously worn out. David & Ad fell victim this morning and are still pretty puny. I will not go farther into the carnage associated with 3 family members downed by a stomach bug, but we're hoping for a better day tomorrow.

2 comments:

Team Clechenko said...

So, let's try this getting together thing....I was thinking of you all the other day when I came across my IUGFS notebook (the horror!) while looking for something else entirely in the garage.

Oh and I am totally going to make a tutu for Lilly. It is about time that she sports something girly!!

Tracey said...

You look like a teenager in that picture. It is weird how quickly the years have passed!!!